Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it has come to pass, I cannot carry my M9 as a duty weapon anymore. We have a standard of S&W MPs in 9mm+p caliber. So my duty M9 has gone to the gun shop to be sold. As having 2-M9s, one was for duty the other was my home baby which has only about a 750 rounds thru it and that is stretchng it a bit. Now the real question, can the M9s shoot the +p's, being that my ammo is given to me. If not what is the going price for a M9 with 4 clips worth?

Thanks Pop

P.S. I must carry a S&W MP9 compact as my off duty weapon.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Sorry PPKelly- I have to ask....

What department do you work for that refers to magazines as 'clips'????

:shock: :shock:

Your M9 can handle +p ammo just fine, but will accelerate wear some.

Have you not fired any +p through either weapon???

:| :|

·
Registered
72 Posts
Your M9 will handle 9mm +P better than most. The M series was designed as a 40 S&W and later converted by adding a 9mm slide and barrel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for replying so quickly. I figured the M9 would handle the +P but I would rather be safe then sorry.

I am retired from a higher authority then local or state and on a federal contract now for many years. Hoping all goes according to plan, I will have another pension to support my interests and hobbies.

No the weapon at home was only fired with Winchester 9MM loads, no reloads, and no +P's. I guess my using the word clips is dating my age group but magazines is just too many letters to keep typing over and over. On the other hand, I would say duty Steyr had over 100,000 rounds thru it, with sand, water and power sand dust always in the workings. I have found that outers crud cutter is the most important spray in my locker. It may not look pretty but still drives nails. Wish I knew about the +P's sooner, it might have made a difference.

Will my ten minutes of fame is over, I do not post much, but constantly read the post at least once a week. I like the new look of the interenet.

Stay safe, Stay armed.

Poppop.

·
Registered
433 Posts
poppopkelly said:
Well it has come to pass, I cannot carry my M9 as a duty weapon anymore. We have a standard of S&W MPs in 9mm+p caliber. So my duty M9 has gone to the gun shop to be sold. As having 2-M9s, one was for duty the other was my home baby which has only about a 750 rounds thru it and that is stretchng it a bit. Now the real question, can the M9s shoot the +p's, being that my ammo is given to me. If not what is the going price for a M9 with 4 clips worth?

Thanks Pop

P.S. I must carry a S&W MP9 compact as my off duty weapon.
Compared to a Glock........a super durable pistol.....the front of the M9-A1 slide.....with the barrel and spring guide holes.....is MUCH heavier. The frame of the Steyr has more polymer where the recoiling slide contacts it.....I would not worry about +P ammo.

·
Registered
433 Posts
poppopkelly said:
Thank you all for replying so quickly. I figured the M9 would handle the +P but I would rather be safe then sorry.

I am retired from a higher authority then local or state and on a federal contract now for many years. Hoping all goes according to plan, I will have another pension to support my interests and hobbies.

No the weapon at home was only fired with Winchester 9MM loads, no reloads, and no +P's. I guess my using the word clips is dating my age group but magazines is just too many letters to keep typing over and over. On the other hand, I would say duty Steyr had over 100,000 rounds thru it, with sand, water and power sand dust always in the workings. I have found that outers crud cutter is the most important spray in my locker. It may not look pretty but still drives nails. Wish I knew about the +P's sooner, it might have made a difference.

Will my ten minutes of fame is over, I do not post much, but constantly read the post at least once a week. I like the new look of the interenet.

Stay safe, Stay armed.

Poppop.
I must say that if you put 100 K rounds through your duty Steyr....your experience with the pistol is a testament to its great strength and quality. 100 K rounds ain't light duty. Another member reported round count somewhere up around 80 K -90 K ......that gun was shot in competition.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Holly cow !! 100K rounds ? thats a 50 round box a day for like 5 1/2 years You are definetly the Master Blaster. Have you had to have any repairs to the M9 ? I was concerned about buying a used one with like 4k run through it, you may be easing some of my concern. Please elaborate on any structural issues if youve had any.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I thought the case head support on my CZs was good - then I looked at my M9A1 barrel. This is the best case head support I've EVER seen - it is 100%. Is the 40 as good?

·
Registered
126 Posts
poppopkelly said:

Stay safe, Stay armed.

Poppop.
Will understand if you replace magazine with MAGS. :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
everytime I think I might sell my M9, some guy like you comes along, and I realize just what I've got........thanks :party:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts