9 mm nato ammo from AIM OK FOR STeyr ?

Discussion in 'Ammunition and Reloading' started by nixon, Sep 27, 2007.

1. nixon

nixon Member

Folks,
    Has anybody tried the 9 mm nato ammo from AIM ? This one is 124 gr. and no indication that it is a Plus P rating ?

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Steyr can handle NATO ammo.........I personally have run everything through mine including Wolf without a hiccup........ :wink:

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Nixon :)

"Let me make this perfectly clear...."

It may be prudent ta try before ya buy in large quantities, but any Steyr M or M-A1 is rated OK w/ +P performance ammo. Just remember, a steady diet of +P will show more wear in the long haul for whatever firearm its bein' used in. IMHO, if ya want more performance and hafta get into a steady diet of +P performance ammo for that particular cartridge, i.e. 9MM or 40 SW or 45 ACP, etc., you'd be better off gettin' whatever cartridge best reflects the performance envelope that you want, usin' standard pressure loads. <shrug> Just my opinion. :shock: Free advise and worth every penny. ;)

Wulf <-- can just feel smirkin' from the cheap seats...u know who ya r :twisted:

4. nixon

nixon Member

on 9 mm nato ammo fr. AIM

Wulf man,
    Oh yeah your free advise is very well taken and appreciated. I'm looking for someone who might have tried it and that will make my decision a little easier whether to buy a little or a lot. Also, confirming my knowledge bout' Steyr's specs able to handle +p or +p+ rounds and I agree with what you said. Nice to have people like you around.

Nix,

5. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

nato and +p is A ok just keep it namebrand stuff. is some weird stuff out there with no idea what they actually do.

6. nixon

nixon Member

mr A.
    It's made by Winchester not sure how old, sold by Aim surplus in Ohio.

Thanks,

nix,

7. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

winchester nato is good stuff and should work great

8. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

what's the difference between nato and non-nato ammo?

9. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

NATO ammo is loaded to NATO specified chamber pressures....

Non NATO ammo is loaded to, well, who knows what chamber pressures?????

thats all I know.....

10. breechplug

breechplug Guest

I've used +P without a problem, but you shouldn't use it constantly I've been told.

11. Soverign

Soverign Premium Member

Strange Ammo

I have some weird 9mm ammo. The suff looks like steel and not copper. I will dig it out and take a picture later to help ID it.
    I was told years ago its Egyptian machine gun +P ammo.

Anyone else heard of this?

12. TheAlmightyBob

TheAlmightyBob Guest

Just wanted to put in my experience so far. I have shot the Winchester Nato 124gr 9mm in my M9. I'd say that it seemed to fire just fine. No more recoil than a walmart winchester 115gr is seems. Though I could be wrong, but I think the egyptian that you were talking about may be Hirtenberger +p+, and I would NOT use that in a pistol.

13. Soverign

Soverign Premium Member

I found a online ammo page that helped ID the ammo, its Cezk 9mm steel.
    Old stuff, but I wont shoot it as is it steel. Perhaps I will sell it or just keep it for the cool factor.