9-11 pistol purchase

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Netfotoj, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I never owned a pistol before 9-11, but as soon as I could after that fateful day, I went out and bought my S&W 1076 semi-auto 10mm. I also had my 12 ga. Ithaca 37 pump converted to a riot gun with the barrel shortened to 18.5".

With Nancy Pelosi, Jack Murtha, Charlie Rangel and Alcee Hastings winning control of our nation's "defense" in Congress, I decided it's time to get serious about my personal defense and applied for my CCW permit here in N.C.

I know totin' a M357-A1 won't change Congress, but it will make me feel safer. And I figured I better get it done before the Dems outlaw pistols.

2. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Good idea. The next 2 years will be Brady hell.

3. EmesiS

EmesiS Guest

Due the recent issues regarding civil liberties I highly doubt any Democrats will initiate legislation that will limit personal freedom, especially regarding gun laws. I am glad to hear you applied for your CCW, we need more responsible citizens taking charge of their personal saftey and security. I just doubt we will see Dems move for any law which infringes one our personal freedom and choices - at leat at this stage in this political tranformation. Also EXCELENT choice on the pistol you will love the Steyr M-A1, I found my M40 A1 to be the most natual feeling pistol I have ever used.

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Unless the ultra left people who paid for their win (Soros, MoveOn.org, etc.) call in their chips with the Congressional Democrats.