60 Days and Counting =) New S series

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by N24RE, Mar 9, 2007.

1. N24RE

N24RE Member

Just got off the phone with Jack at Steyr in Cumming GA. They are expecting the new S series in about 60 days. Also as a note this is the nicest group of folks on the planet. Jeff fixed a small problem on my M9 and had it back to me within the week.

Steve

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i don't mean to be the bubble burster...

but we've heard "60 days" for the last year.

i'll believe it when it's on my hip.

(but i am saving my pennies!!) :wink:

3. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

There's one on my hip right now :shock:

I'm thinking I don't really want an S40A1 anymore, with the slide extension design. They whole point was to make them smaller it's already larger than most subcompacts, ya know?

I think I might find an old school S40 and make my own S40A1.

4. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

S9A1's were availible last year. but yeah everyone wants a S40A1
    even with the longer slide its still bit smaller for concealed. kinda deal though would need a Longslide M40A1 to justify the SA1.

5. N24RE

N24RE Member

I hope I was given a real 60 days. I love my M but it is to large for me to carry at times. I currently have a Kahr CW9 as my warm weather carry, and would like to have the S9 as an option too

6. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Why does "everyone " want a 40 cal anything :?:
    I've shot my friend's issue 40S&W beretta and was wholly underwhelmed.
    It was no faster shooting than my 1911.
    9mm seems just fine for a small gun, if you want to go bigger caliber , go BIG.
    Don't half step. My .02 cents

7. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey BulletBait!

If I want an S-A1 in California, It's gonna have to be a 40S&W. The S9-A1 isn't California approved and I fear it isn't gonna make the list any time soon. I own a couple of 9mm pistols, but if I needed to stop someone I'd rather have a 40S&W than a 9mm. The 40S&W offers great ballistic numbers w/ only a little more recoil than 9mm, I can see why it's the premier Police cartridge these days!
    _______
    mugdava

Oh yeah, I have pistols in 9mm, 357sig, 40S&W, 45acp, and 10mm. 9mm is the cheapist to shoot.

8. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

shot a beretta 96 forget which version but it had a steel frame. the muzzle rise was quite a bit more than my steyr produces with same ammo. hell using full house loads in the steyr still not as bad as the Beretta 96 muzzle rise. vertec or inox cost some $600 plus.

in subcompact I like 9mm. compact I will take 40sw. anything bigger anything goes as long there is ammo.
    lots of loadings for all the cartridges for different applications and uses.

9. Angel

Angel Guest

I was dead set on a .40 S&W until I really researched it and went out on the range with both calibers in the same gun. I might have still gotten a .40 if it wasn't for the fact that my wife would be shooting my gun, too. Don't get me wrong, I really am not looking to start the age old my calibre is better than yours debate. It's as useless as MS DOS versus Mac OS debates of old.

Some interesting finds I had;

Statisticly 9mm was still the number 1 cartridge in terms of 1 shot kills. (shocking? yes, I couldn't believe it when I read it but the data is there, many reason for this)

When a person is being shot within 20 yards, there is very little real difference in the lethality of cartridges between .45 and 9mm (and everything in between). The real deciding factor is accuracy, aka where the victim is shot.

So, accuracy being paramount, I am more accurate with a subcompact in .40 and a full/medium in 9mm.

Bear with me on a couple of more folks:

This professional instructor I know, recently said that its all a matter of the shooters comfort zone. This includes calibres, safeties, etc.

If I was carrying as an LEO, I would choose 357 SIG. Cause if I have to shoot someone trying to drive over me, the odds of the round penatrating into the vehicle is higher than 9mm, .40 or 45 ACP.

Enjoy the weekend folks. I got my tax appt. Yikes!

10. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Angel, I'm with you. I shoot both .40 and 9mm, and have Steyrs in both, and shoot .45 and love it, but my SA1 will be a .357 Sig. They are making one, right?

Buzz

11. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Buzz :)

Dayam strait, Bro. :p Get in fu*kin' line! :twisted:

Wulf <-- goin' for XX001

12. Yardsale

Yardsale Guest

I`m begging you all, please tell me where to get in line? where does the line start? Who`s in charge of the line? How long is the line? Has anyone ever actualy seen the line? Someone please tell me how I can get an S series in any caliber!

13. Angel

Angel Guest

I was at Adventure Outdoors in Symrna today and they still had the .357 M1-As in stock. The 9mms were gone though.