6.5 creedmoor 10 round magazine for scout rifle

Discussion in 'The Soap Box' started by Bloodyturd, May 13, 2020.

1. Bloodyturd

Bloodyturd New Member

Hello everyone! I’m here on the soapbox to yell out to the town square I’m looking for answers re: I have a steyr scout rifle in 6.5 creedmoor trying to find out if Steyr makes 10 round magazines which will work with 6.5 creedmoor ammunition. Steyr didn’t even seem to know the answer, but I did get this: “you need the universal 10 round magazines in short action” which I found virtually impossible to search for. I’m now the leading world champion expert in knowing that this requires the 10 round magazine well adapter. I ended up contacting gunmagwarehouse and got the most helpful answer: often not always 6.5 creedmoor will work in .308 magazines. Does anybody here know about this option also? My other option is to spend over $300 on products which may not even work try to send them back to find they don’t take returns which were opened for fitting to see if it works, hefty restocking fees, the dreaded trip to the post office etc. I’d rather know for certain. This has been a real study in epistemology. Thank you for listening. *steps off of soapbox only to trip and stumble like a fool, issues a brief loud fart*

Case likes this.
  2. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Dm . Me I can help case at Tnsteyr.

Bloodyturd likes this.

3. Bloodyturd

Bloodyturd New Member

Hello again, am I still on the soapbox with this post? If so, another thing I’ve been trying to figure out is it possible to mount a flash hider to my 6.5 creedmoor steyr scout. It’s 1/2-20 threaded. I’ve found very few options but they’re for .308, wondering if that would work. Anybody experienced with this? Thanks tremendously.