.45 yet?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by projekt, Dec 7, 2007.

1. projekt

projekt New Member

I haven't been reading htis forum for a while, but in the interim, many other pistol manufacturers have been releasing new .45s. Now i'm not a huge .45 fan, and i would never get rid of my M9, but it has its merits, so please no flaming. I'm just wondering if steyr's had any rumors to a .45 version like they did so long ago.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

There are rumors of a L45A1 - stay tuned... 8)

3. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

Eh!!!??

My heart is starting to beat a little faster....

4. IrkedCitizen

IrkedCitizen New Member

Yeah I was talking to Mr. Riddle via email and I had asked if there was a .45 in the works. And he said yes. But when it would be available he had no idea.

I wonder how large the "L" frame is going to be. Well the grip anyway.

5. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Rumors?! I don't want no friggin rumors! I want dates, times etc. :eek: :) Better yet, send me a prototype this afternoon.

Sounds good. I'd buy one.

6. nixon

nixon Member

Whether that is rumor only or the truth, I have no other desire but a Steyr large frame in 45 acp. They better make it ASAP coz" steyr is behind compared with the rest of the players in the industry. They should shoot for competing with the overrated (not to mention over priced) HK 45. Dont mean to start a HK vs steyr war here. I understand how those HK afficionadoes love their USP's and for a good reason - very reliable and combat accurate too. But I prefer Sig p220.

Nix,

7. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I'm still trying to figure out why so many people have this love affair with the .45 caliber.....

:think: :think: :think:

8. nixon

nixon Member

babj,
    In my case, back in my old country, the Philippines, I first learned how to shoot the army issue 1911 colt 45 acp model and the Browning HP in 9mm, the SW 38 revolver and those were the only game in town during those days. I happen to like the 45 acp and eventually became good at it, modesty aside. True, with the advent of modern jacketed HP bullets, even the smaller calibers became equally good or in some cases even better ballistically. To me nothing beats that old big bore equals big hole. Of course my opinion only. I happen to like my Steyr 9mm and 40 sw as well.

Nix,

9. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

You just ain't an ol' fart like me, that's why. My dad had a 1911 and I shot it when I was knee-high to a grasshopper. Loved it. Used to sneak into his bedroom and slip it out of the dresser drawer and hold it for a minute or two, then run before I got caught.

Then Uncle Sam taught me how to shoot 1911's. I tried to resist when I got into self-defense pistols in 2001, but sooner or later I knew I would have a .45. I did manage to wait until I found a great buy on a hi-cap version and I absolutely love my Llama IX-C.

It ain't as powerful as my M357-A1 or my G29 10mm, but I still love .45 ACP. :mrgreen:

10. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

11. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Fine lookin' .45. But I do believe if you have to ask how much a Nighthawk Custom costs, you probably can't afford one. :v Bad for me, but great for you! :mrgreen:

12. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor New Member

I spoke to SAI, they told me 2 days ago that NO .45 plans are in the works at this time. However, 2 things:

1. Ultra sub-compact is scheduled to be released soon. No idea when, but it's being worked on.

2. Bunch of big wigs from Steyr are coming down to the next big gun show (forgot the name) to make a very important announcement. Presumably to tell us that it's a go for the US made AUGs.

This is it so far...

13. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Actually Net, I bought it previously owned from my stepson. I could never afford a new Nighthawk today.