40 S&W SHOTSHELL

Discussion in 'Ammunition and Reloading' started by CWILLIAMS, May 13, 2007.

1. CWILLIAMS

CWILLIAMS Guest

I want to use the stuff for the deer lease for snakes ( occasional squirrel pie ). Any word or comments.[/u]

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

You will have to manually cycle the slide after each shot, and effective range isn't very far. This article over at The Box 'O Truth might be of some use to you...

3. Sound25

Sound25 Guest

I wasted my money on a box of these, cool in theory... But bad for simi-autos... It did look cool on the target though... I would not recommend for a couple reasons... They were REALLY dirty rounds, lots of fouling all over my gun, me and anything within a couple feet. Also, as we said by Syntax, the range is not good, from more than a few feet it spread out so much that it was worthless. But it is fun. LOL. :) Hope this info helps. Also, like Syntax said, you will have to cycle each and every round, it doesn't have enough blowback to eject the round, and I found they stuck sometimes...

Sean

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I have only shot it in .38 Special, but not very useful.

5. CWILLIAMS

CWILLIAMS Guest

Already ordered some from sportsguide, oh well....thankx.

6. Just_watching

Just_watching Member

I did 40pcs. schotshell though my M40, just one time a cicle error ..... almost works perfect.

7. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

wow. good to hear. kind of impressive that the steyr cycled those nearly flawlessly.

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Just for the record - they definitely do not cycle in M9A1s...