4 Personal Protection Pistols

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by Netfotoj, May 5, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Just got back from the Raleigh gun show and I finally filled that literal hole in my pocket with a Kel Tec P11. I dithered a while between a Bersa Thunder .380 and the P11 and got identical offers on trading my FEG Browning Hi-Power for either pistol. I like the Bersa, but 11 rounds of 9mm far out-trumps eight rounds of .380 and fitting in the pocket and almost fitting in the pocket wasn't exactly rocket surgery either.

So now I have what DocChronos would call a "church gun." Don't know if I'll be carrying it to church right away, at least not tomorrow or until I get a pocket holster to break up the outline a bit. Spent all my money at the gun show before I got down to "pocket holster" on my list.

So here's my new Personal Protection Posse w/ Pocket Pistol (bet you can't say that fast three times without tripping the tongue):

[​IMG]

Top left is undisputed champion of the sock drawer and carry, my M357-A1. Top right is my G29 10mm with her new G20 15-round magazine with mag spacer. Bottom left is my Kel Tec P11 with 10-round factory mag; bottom right is my S&W 669 subcompact 9mm with a hi-cap S&W/Kel Tec 15-round mag inserted, which ups her capacity from stock 12 and fits perfectly! Pleasant surprise, Kel Tec accepts S&W mags, so the 15-round mag I bought for the KT fits like a glove in the 669 and the 12-round 669 mag, center left, fits fine in the P11. The 15-round Mec Gar mag, center right, fits fine in the 669 but not the P11. Guess only genuine S&W mags fit the P11, no Mec Gars accepted.

But that works out really well as an unexpected bonus. The S&W 669 gets promoted to my car gun with the departure of my FEG Browning Hi-Power and with the P11 along in my pocket, the two can share three of the four magazines I have for them. That's 69 rounds of 9mm available in the car, assuming I don't also have my M357-A1 and/or G29 alongside, too. Should be sufficient for most occasions, excepting the odd gang shootout.

Color me happy! :mrgreen:

Now if I can only overcome this global conspiracy to keep me away from the firing range! :twisted: Range reports are now owed on my G29, S&W 669 (excepting a few holey tin cans) and my new P11. Can't wait to report on all. Been doing too much pistol buying and trading and not near enough shooting. :mrgreen:

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Nice collection, Netfotoj! Is that a Sigma mag you have loaded up in the Steyr?

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Yes, indeedy, sharp eyes, Syntax.

That's a genuine Sigma/Wulf 15-rounder from guess who?

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I thought it was some of Wulf's work :twisted:. That picture does a good job showing how much the high-caps extend from the mag well - it's hardly noticeable.

5. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Nice double-brace of irons Foto.
    Words will have to do for mine as I am not digitally visually capable as of yet:
    Steyr M9 - daily carry
    Glock 17L and 19 - in SHTF bags
    Colt 1991-A1 - field gun set up to shoot 45 Super
    CZ 40B - occassional carry in a .40 platform
    Beretta 950 .25 - the gun to carry when you don't want to carry a gun (is to self-defense weapons as Pinot Grigio is to wine)
    Ruger MK. I 7 1/2" - practice gun and the grab-and-go gun with thoudands of rounds of ammo if we are in the "Gee honey, I think we need to move the family to the woods for a couple of years; and bring your squirrel and rabbit recipies with you" scenario.