357sig

Discussion in 'Ammunition and Reloading' started by DKHAN, Oct 7, 2007.

1. DKHAN

DKHAN Guest

Ammo question. Any experience with Double Tap in 357sig ? I've tried the 9mm and it was as advertised.

2. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

If memory serves, DT's 124 grain and Gold Dot head moves out of the muzzle at about 100 fps faster than the Speer 124 gr. factory round. The DT is a hot round and accuracy from my experience, is good. Specs are available at the DT website. Suffice to say, I wouldn't subject my gun to a steady diet of the stuff. When I carry .357 SIG either in my Sig P239 or Glock 33, I rely on the Corbon DPX but any of these three are going to give the bad guy a serious headache.

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Haven't tried the DT in 357 Sig but have been meaning to get a round tuit as I want to try some of their full-house 10mm loads, too.

Mugdava is one of the house experts on ammo and I know he really likes the Georgia Arms Canned Heat in 357 Sig. He says it's pretty hot stuff. Mighty good price, too.

4. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Yeah, I haven't tried 357sig DT's either.

The canned heat is great inexpensive range/target ammo(1300fps!), but their 357sig Gold Dots are rated at 1400fps!
    _______
    mugdava

5. Danny Baker

Danny Baker Member

DT is GD loaded with steroids. It is amazing ammo. That said, the most widely used with most street credibility is the regular Speer GDHP... I use Speer Lawman for training & either the GD’s or DT’s for extra horsepower.