357 Sig primed brass

Discussion in 'Ammunition and Reloading' started by Netfotoj, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Latest ad sheet from MidwayUSA.com has what I presume to be a very good deal of 357 Sig primed brass, $69.99 for 500 plus free 500 pulled 125 gr. FMJ PMC bullets included. Promo Code PMC1007.

I'm not a reloader but am beginning to wish I was. For a can of powder plus labor, $70 for 500 rounds sounds like a whale of a deal to me. Anybody want to volunteer to do the work for me and sell me a batch of reloads? I'm paying $100 for 100 rounds of WWB FMJs at Wally World. :shock: Make me an offer I can't refuse, please! :mrgreen:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=314743&t=11082005

One question, though. Why would Midway pull bullets from primed cases and then sell the parts separately? :?

2. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

$100 FOR 100 ROUNDS??

Are you sure I give $15.95 for 100 rounds of WWB at Walmart..

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Once again, my math skills rise up to bite me on the behind. Mrs. Dawkins should have never let me out of the 3rd grade. I've been paying just shy of $20, including sales tax of 7.5% here in NC, for 50 rounds of WWB 357 Sig, not 20 rounds. So my WWB cost for 500 rounds is $200, not $500. Duh! If I had a brain, I'd lose it. :oops:

4. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey Netfotoj!

I'm not sure what shipping would be to Your neck of the woods, but Georgia Arms "Canned Heat" is the least expensive quality range round I could find for the 357sig. http://www.georgia-arms.com/index.asp?P ... rodID=2212

This stuff is kinda snappy too! :shock:
    _______
    mugdava

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

$117 including shipping, great price. Thanks Mugdava. :mrgreen:

6. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey Netfotoj!

That price doesn't include shipping, it'd be an additional $17 for delivery to NC! It cost Me $30 to get that same package delivered here on the left coast! :shock:
    _______
    mugdava

7. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Didn't go far enough to see shipping costs, duh!

Product Total: $117.50
    Shipping/Handling (UPS Eastern states): $17.00
    Tax: $0.00
    Final Total: $134.50

One more reason I'm glad I don't live on the left coast! :mrgreen: Still the best deal I've seen on 357 Sig ammo.

8. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

save the brass whatever you do

357sig is one pricey round more pricey than 45acp and 10mm at times. I reload 40sw and 9mm and save
    if 357sig didnt use such specialized bullets could save. if you cast your own bullets could save some money but time would go time++++

hard to beat ammo you make yourself even with pricey bullets it beats the pricey 20-50 round packs of ammo stores sell with inflated price but reloading cost go up as the dollar sinks. hell everything goes up as the dollar tanks and the fed prints it and throws it from helicopters its called inflation and legalized counterfeiting.

9. Corbin Dallas

Corbin Dallas New Member

MrApathy,

357SIG brass is next to worthless because only a small handful of firearm owners actually use this round compared to 9/40/45. I currently get 357SIG brass as low as $25/1000. Compare that to starting prices of $55/1000 for 45ACP.

357SIG uses the same .355 bullet as the 9mm, or you can use the same .357 bullet as the 38SPL. Many of us that reload the 357SIG use the FMJ FP 125g truncated bullet.

Cast bullets are not recommended for the 357SIG due to its high speed @ 1300+ FPS

-CD

10. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Corbin* :)

Dude, lets talk reloadin' for the 357 SIG. :p If ya irc chat, get online some evening and /join #Steyrclub at slashnet. I may have some kewl load recipes ta swap with ya. And "yeah"...0.357" component bullets have many advantages over most 0.355" component bullets, especially when ya take the time to resize 'em. Oh, and yeah, a lot of cast and even plated bullets aren't recommended over 1200 fps. <shrug> Hava great weekend. :)

Wulf

11. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I've used the 357sig Georgia Arms ammo myself as well as their 10mm. All the 357's were new manufacture with Gold Dot Hollow Points on top. I think they used Hodgons H6. It worked well for me and the price was good for self defense ammo.......I didn't chrono the stuff yet, but ya can't get much better then Gold Dot components.......They remanufacture other calibers, but at the time I bought ammo, the 357's were new manufacture.