357 range report

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by mugdava, Sep 4, 2007.

1. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey All!

Went to the range on Sunday for a little 357 fest. I brought 100x 125gr FMJ(1300fps) and 50x 125gr Gold Dots(1400fps), all from Georgia Arms. I also brought 50x 230gr FMJ to put through my Sig 1911 and 500x 22lr for me & the kids to pluck away w/ in the P22!

I've gotten to the point where I can take my Steyr and run it against most anyone and anything at the range and be very competitive, if not blow the socks off of whoever I'm shooting with. I'm thinkin' my next step would be to enter some sort of competition or cut down my range time considerably. My brother says I'm "retarded good", I'm not sure that's a compliment! :shock:

First up to the plate was The M357-A1 w/ 50x 125gr FMJ's, it performed flawlessly, I put all except one round in the 10 circle. That one round was not far off, it was in the 9 circle.

Next up was the P226R w/ 50x 125gr FMJ's, it also performed w/o error. Only the pattern was a little broader, w/ most(maybe 40!) in the 10 circle and the rest in the 9 circle(two rounds touched the 8 circle line/border).

Back to the Steyr w/ 125gr Gold Dots! Again flawless and dead on! I'm more comfortable w/ the Steyr for sure.

A brief intermission was in order while the kids peppered the targets w/ 22lr!

Having exhausted all the 357sig I had brought it was time to run the Sig 1911. 50x 230gr FMJ's went down range w/ one stovepipe. That was the first failure it's had in well over 700 rounds. :shock: I grabbed the target before the kids got a hold of it, as it was the best I've shoot that pistol yet! 50 in the 10 circle w/ one clearly on the 9 circle border! It was then that I did my happy feet dance! :wink:

Time to go home, clean pistols, drink beer, and snap a few photos. Life is good! Here's some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah, all target went out to 10 yards
    _______
    mugdava

2. madecov

madecov Active Member

Nice.

Tell me about the Gladius in your avatar, seems to be modified a bit.

3. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey Madecov!

Not modified, but upgraded! I've added a GG&G TID(Tactical Impact Device) to The Gladius. Here's a better pic:
    [​IMG]

Here's a link:
    http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=97&parents=89

It used to have a 1" mounting ring on it for use on my SOCOM:
    [​IMG]
    _______
    mugdava

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

The guns look especially nice floating in the Sea O' Cartridges.

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Nice shooting. And special thanks for the Sig vs. Steyr range report. I've been lusting over a genuine Sig for a long time and maybe now I can just relax and enjoy my M357-A1 a bit more.

Maybe I should decide that I've already got the "Baddest Tactical Pistol" and just spend my cash on a M9-A1 while CDNN has still got a few of the greatest bargains in the pistol world available.

What I really gotta do is log a bunch more range time so I can begin to shoot as well as you do, pardner! :mrgreen:

6. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Good shootin', Dude! :p

Nuff said. <shrug>

Wulf

7. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey, Thanks Guys!

I took the M357-A1 out again on Saturday w/ a new IGB barrel I like to call the "Jagd Steyr" configuration. It's chambered for 40S&W w/ a 6" length! :shock: It's finish is very nice, better than the previous IGB barrel I had purchased. It also doesn't have that tight(too tight!) feel my other IGB 40S&W replacement barrel has. In fact, I ran 150x range reloads(165gr FMJ) and 100x 165 gr Speer Gold Dots through it with out a single malf! My only complaint is that is when changing barrels that are so different in length the pistol requires re-sighting! :( At 10 yards it shoots about an inch to the right w The IGB 6" barrel, but dead on w/ the stock 4" barrel. I've experienced this before w/ my USP Custom Sport/Match clone, but it has adjustables sights to make up for barrel swaps. Here's some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    _______
    mugdava

8. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Wow! I didn't know you could get a 6" barrel from IGB. I gotta do some more poking around on that site.

I'm already saving up for a 16" barrel, buttstock, fore-grip, scope mount and red-dot scope for my M357-A1. I do believe that search for my "Baddest Tactical Pistol" has ended with the pistol I already own. I just need some options, extras and upgrades! :mrgreen:

9. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

:idea: :!: :shock: :wink:

10. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Yeah, I seen up to 7.5" barrels on the IGB web sight, but 6" is plenty enough to boost those 40S&W rounds a little faster. :shock:

Can't wait to see a M357-A1 Carbine! :wink:
    _______
    mugdava

11. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Here it is! Zundfolge has already got one.

[​IMG]

https://steyrclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=30843#30843

12. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

The Bionic M. Looks bigger than my AK.