Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
Buddy does his, it’s gone well once he dialed it in, but I also watched was was clearly a unpowered round start skipping at a 2 gun match. So one mess up in a few years. He use to buy local to avoid hazmat on the primers and just got the brass same place. Sorry can’t help much on online, especially these days but might look local if you can especially for the primers unless it will be a bulk buy. Then read online and start to compare to others what they are doing to get it dialed in right. I would also follow others plans to make sure you are not going to high or low to avoid damage to the gun or barrel. I would also stay in once fired brass and inspect what they are giving you to avoid any damage. I remember years ago when he started everyone was giving him crap for reloading 556 since it was only saving maybe 2c a round back then. Now I’m sure he is happy he loaded down.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Does anyone have experience with reloading .223 ammo? If so, how did it go? Where did you get your brass from?
Yes, I’ve been doing it for ~10 years for my ARs. I load for 3-gun matches and a precision gas gun. Brass prep is a PITA. I started keeping brass I shot, and got most of my brass from range pickup. I bought some primed sutplus brass for cheap once. I probably bought prepped 1x brass once. I have oodles from picking up 1x brass off the range ground when I see it. All of my online brass sources have dried up for now.

I use and recommend a Small Base resizing die for shooting thru ARs.

I’ve used AA2230, Benchmark, and TAC for powder. They were all fine and meter well. I settled on TAC for .223 and .308.

I trim with a Dillon trimmer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts