.22 Short acceptable for Self-Defense??

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Narsil, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Narsil

Narsil Premium Member

This guy says, "Yes!"

[​IMG]

2. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

That's just downright CRUEL Narsil!

Now I have to clean up my keyboard and the keys were already sticking! :lol::rofl:

3. Bittrich

Bittrich Premium Member

It's all relative. Relative to nothing, a .22 short is awesome.

Bittrich

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Lucky she didn't shoot back with a Desert Eagle .50 AE

5. Talyn

Talyn New Member

A 22 is a very acceptable defense solution.

Don't think so?
    Come over in the night here. I keep a 22 by the bed.
    It doesn't wake the neighbors, so I can bury your body out back. =)

6. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

my suppressed Neos wont wake the wife! that way, she doesnt bury us BOTH in the backyard!:chair: she's grumpy after a long day @ the hospital....

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

That's why I quit using my suppressed M9A1 for a nightstand gun - I decided one day that if I ever did need to use a firearm at night, I want the whole block to know about it. :lol:

8. khoff

khoff New Member

I have been threw 3 divorces. I can not stop laughing!!! that was Priceless. also very rarely do i feel Under-gunned with a .22lr. Beretta 22lr is what the Israilies used to hunt down and kill all of the 72 Olympic criminals. they stopped using .22's when people they were only try to wing and wound kept dying.

9. Diehard

Diehard New Member

the first thing to do is to recognize and avoid situations in which you or your loved ones might face serious injury or death. Use of any weapon is a last resort. Any caliber firearm is better than none when it is needed. If your .22 Short pistol is reliable and accurate at 15 feet using match ammunition--OK. I say "expensive" Match ammo such as the European brands made for UIT rapid fire pistols or the new CCI Short Target Precision 29 grain load. Of course you need to be sure it works in your pistol. I am concerned about misfire with rimfire ammo, and the need to chamber a fresh round, for that reason I prefer a .22 Short or LR revolver. One needs to practice enough with any small.22 to put all the shots in an 6" circle @ 15 feet which is as close as you should let any threat get to you, and they will be moving. There are advantages and disadvantages with any caliber firearm but firearm reliability and shooter ability to place their shots under stress is the key.

10. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

I wouldn't want to be shot with one, would you?

11. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I wouldn't want to get shot with a Daisy BB gun, but that doesn't mean I'm going to carry one.

12. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

True that, Syntax. I think a .22 Short is acceptable if that's what you have available and/or can handle. It is, after all, better to have a .22 Short than no gun at all.

13. Branth

Branth New Member

In a similar vein, I'll run like hell to avoid a bucket of warm urine. That doesn't mean it's an effective self-defense tool.