.22 conversion

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by polik6887, Nov 11, 2007.

1. polik6887

polik6887 Guest

any chance we will ever see a .22 conversion for our steyrs??

specifically the S series...

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Very unlikely (not that it isn't a good idea). The new maanox finish and getting some more S-A1 series pistols back into the states is the priority for the domestic market right now. Beyond that, an S357A1 and perhaps a L-A1 longslide in .45 and/or 10mm are on everyone's wish list.

3. xjrat

xjrat Premium Member

Ya I would LOVE a .22Lr conversion myself.
    I hate the $35 to $50 everytime I go to the range.
    It would be nice to only spend $10 and shoot all day...
    I wonder if IGB would ever make one???

4. Trendy FireArms

Trendy FireArms Guest

I know I'm digging this thread out of the grave.

It's been over a year and I was hoping there are now vendors offering a .22 conversion kit for the Steyr M9-A1 or the M40-A1.

Are there such a thing for the Steyr?

5. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

when you do the math on cost to produce a couple hundred units and divide that cost into the couple hundred units...

as a shooter, paying the price for 9 and .40 ammo is still much cheaper than paying for a .22 conversion.

keep in mind that IGB wants @ $250 + shipping for a barrel alone. add to this a slide (machined from bar, not cast, due to low volume) and magazines and you can quickly see the cost of the kit coming close to $600.

now if steyr produced a .22 with the same size grip as the 9 and .40, at least you could buy a-whole-nother gun for $600.

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Definitely would buy a .22 Steyr. Went ahead and got a Sig Mosquito because it had a close enough feel to a centerfire carry pistol to be of some use in practice.