.22 conveersion

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Guest, May 15, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Does anyone know if there is a 22 conversion for the M series?

2. RangerM9

RangerM9 New Member

not yet

so far as we have seen, there is no 22 conversion available....and we have looked pretty hard to find out all we can on these guns.

3. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

allow me on my soapbox again....

Steyr, please make a .22 pistol styled after the m/s series to compete w/ the walther p-22 which has taken over the 22 market. This would be a great way to get your name on the market and give us steyroids a great cheap platform for practice.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I believe P22 sales will slip as the new Sig Mosquito has just become available. It will likely be THE DA/SA 22lr pistol of choice.

5. madecov

madecov Active Member

If Steyr could deliver an M22 at a lower price than the Sig or Walther it would go a long way to getting Steyr out in the marketplace.

6. RangerM9

RangerM9 New Member

Mosquito....price?

is the Mosquito going to compete price wise with the p22?...i can pick a p22 up for about $225-240 just about any day....down around $200 when they go on sale....I just doubt Sig will be that low of a price.....but i may be dead wrong...

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I've been wanting to get a .22 DA/SA for my wife to encourage her to shoot more. A Steyr .22 would be kick-ass for sure, but with their typical new model introduction cycle I don't think I'll hold my breath and probably get a P22.

Maybe this should be another thread, but can someone please explain the Sig phenomenon to me. I actually own a P228, but the only reason is because my wife likes it. The more I shoot it, however, the less I get it.

IMHO, the cons are:

1. Ultra-High bore axis - resulting in maximum muzzle flip and slower shot-to-shot time
    2. Poor standard finishes that wear quickly and are not very corrosion resistant
    3. Very high price
    4. Relatively large size for capacity

The pros IMHO are:

1. Build quality - excellent fit
    2. Durability - they last forever
    3. Accuracy - some claim they are among the most accurate 9mms
    4. Trigger - smooth (albeit heavy) DA, and light crisp SA

For a DA/SA with decocker, IMHO the CZ P-01 is miles ahead with smaller form factor, much lower bore axis and nearly half the price.

Somebody enlighten me!

8. Matches

Matches New Member

I just did a quick search and found the Mosquito. The price was $389 with impactarms, but they are out of stock til june. I'm looking for a .22 but over $400 out the door is a little too much for a .22 imho.

Matches

9. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

you did it yourself

10. RangerM9

RangerM9 New Member

find a nice gently used Buckmark

used Buckmark...will keep you well under $400...probably more like around $200.....bought mine used about 8 years ago...has worked just fine...an occasional failure to feed, but as a plinker...not a prob....you are not going to count on a .22 to save your life right?