1st 200 rounds trouble free! **updated-domed plunger**

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by yugo308guy, Dec 8, 2007.

1. yugo308guy

yugo308guy Member

I took my brand new M40A1 out today for it's maiden voyage. 100 rounds of WWB and 100 rounds of CCI Blazer Brass. Out of the 200 rounds I had 1 Failure to Fire due to a light primer strike. Can't say for sure if it was a hard primer, light strike or something else, my 14yo son was firing it at the time, so I can't say for sure. We reloaded it and it fired just fine the second time.

Overall I am happy as could be, I am not holding the gun responsible for the FTF.

On a side note, some of you may have read in one of the other threads that I received, without asking mind you, a brand new extractor and plunger from Jeff at SAI. The gun originally came from CDNN with the dome style plunger, but the one from Jeff was the one with the small beveled edge. The extractors looked identical as far as I could tell. I went ahead and replaced the plunger with the new one and everything worked perfectly. I may, on my next shooting outing, replace it back with the domed style plunger and see the results. I will post my findings.

***UPDATE***12/10/07

I fired another 50 flawless Blazer Brass rounds thru this today. I shot them with the domed extractor plunger that originally came in the gun. I didn't notice any diference whatsoever.