Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have been reading that 1911 plunger springs with a little modification will help solve failure to eject problems but I haven't read anything specifying what 1911 plunger spring I should buy or where to get them? Thanks for any advise.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dasher,
Thanks for the links as I have been looking into this "mystery" spring too.

Gotta love Midway though...$3.00 "special handling fee" + $3.84 "shipping" on a $2.99 sping. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
If you have a micrometer, take the measurements of the spring (the inside diameter you can measure using a wire gauge. www.LeeSprings.com has all kinds of springs, possibly the right outside diameter. Pick the length you want and order them (you'll have to order 10, I think). I suspect there would be a market here on the site for those springs. I wish I'd thought to do this when I was hacking things.

As an example, not that this is the right size, a 0.040 od .350" long spring would be $5.90/10. It would have a spring rate of more than 2.5# per inch. Plus shipping.

You can also call Brownells and ask for the USPS small parts shipping price.

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
Gotta love Midway though...$3.00 "special handling fee" + $3.84 "shipping" on a $2.99 sping. Go figure.
And on the other hand, you're buying a $2.99 part that they are probably making 20% on. It isn't even worth their time to pull the stock, box it up, process it and ship it for a $.60 profit. Frankly, I'm surprised a lot of these companies will ship anything that isn't at least $25+.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts