Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as an interesting note, today a State Senate Subcommittee ruled a bill favorable and forwarded it on to the full State Senate for a vote that would allow CHP holders in Louisiana to carry within the 1000 FT "No-Gun" radius, but not on school property.

This is a great step forward in gun-ownership rights, as these nearly quarter-mile radiuses tend to overlap and make carrying an enormous risk... considering getting caught with a gun inside said radius is a felony.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
not to mention actually being able to defend themselves!!......before i moved to louisville, i lived 200 ft from a middleschool. so i applaud the mini victory, keep us posted on how this progresses!

·
Registered
119 Posts
If anyone has any doubts about why our schools are probably THE most vulnerable target for terrorism in the ENTIRE united States...read virtually ANY of the seminar texts put on by Lt.Col. Dave Grossman, (ret), and "Terror at Beslan" by John Giduck.

We ARE in a war...it would be appropriate if the governments...federal, state and local...treated it as such. The enemy does.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bills are being put to the floors of the senate and house at large this week... here's hoping I can walk down the street protecting myself without the possibility being labeled a felon.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Excellent!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts