#1 IN CCW CLASS IN TEXAS THANKX STEYR

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by CWILLIAMS, May 20, 2007.

1. CWILLIAMS

CWILLIAMS Guest

I didnt shoot a perfect 250/250 but I did shoot a 247/250 with foggy glasses and a pissy instructor. The instructor was raggin on me for being 5min late ... when I called 30min earlier to tell them an entire roadway was closed for construction on a Saturday. Anyhoo, I shot the best score in the CCW class out of 33 in Houston. I used target WWB and tatooed the target center mass all the way through until 25 yard where I dropped one round to the groin, I think it must have been the hot barrel or something...of course not shooter error. Very proud of the Steyr. It served me well and helped me earn the CCW. I need glow paint or something on the front site. I could barely see through the foggy eyewear. I was nervous, I was shooting next to this old,old,old mand with a new 45 and osteoporosis. The instructor had to keep reminding him to keep his weapon downrange and the dude even cut his hand on the slide by bad thumb placement. I just knew I would be on TV a a casuality at the range. Well i cant add anything else. The Steyr did the talking for me..especially when the instructor was being an ***, I just said look at the target. Enough said!!!!

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Pissy instructors........helped teach a class yesterday and we had two crusty folks who never shot before. He did the same thumb job and it was a constant battle to get them to NOT be casual with their muzzles... :roll: they were at least thirty minutes late........ :? It's just darn dangerous.........

3. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

"...I was shooting next to this old,old,old mand with a new 45 and osteoporosis. The instructor had to keep reminding him to keep his weapon downrange..."
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Great way to ruin your day :evil:
    ROs ought to issue the first correction, and if they have to do it a second time, tell the person they will be asked to leave the range if a third instance occurs.
    But, all's well that ends well. Congrats on tearing up the X ring.

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Congrats on finishing the course! Now you just have to wait on Austin to get you processed. That was one of the most excruciating waits I've had to endure. :evil: