‘Eco Freaks’ helped topple Twin Towers?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Netfotoj, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Why did the Twin Towers collapse so quickly? Why do 2 million Africans die annually of malaria? Why did Katrina flood New Orleans? Hint: The “environmentally correct” idiots did it.

2. EmesiS

EmesiS Guest

I attended a small rural community elementry School when I was in the fourth grade and the local school board had earlier determined that asbesos was causing illness in the school. It was decided the school needed to be "gutted" and all the asbestos removed but economy and school schedules dictated that the renovation not occur until the summer break. Four kids in my class got cancer, all the same type of cancer, directly related to Asbestos - they didnt make it to the sixth grade! It wasnt your villified 'Liberals' or 'Eco-nuts' it was very upset and socially conservative citizens that demanded the removal of asbestos. My freinds did not die because they were Eco-nuts with a Liberal agenda - they were fourth graders with a right to a safe school.

3. Heat

Heat Guest

Wow netfoto do you even read and reason the links that you post or do you just paste any link that remotely makes the liberals look bad or glorifies the conservative agenda???

4. West01

West01 New Member

EmesiS, I am truly sorry about the lost of your Friends. This is a tragic story that remind us that technologies provide solutions but there always a price to pay and sometime it is just to much.

NetFotoj my friend, were do you find these crazy stories!
    :)

The reason why the two WTC's towers came down is because : TWO F****ING JUMBO JETS FULL OF JET A1 FUEL COLLIDED WITH THEM... :eek:

It was not "The Liberals" or "A Secret Government Conspiracy" that committed this atrocity. It was a bunch terrorist maniacs financed and trained by a psychopathic sheik,,,

Seriously,

The reason why the towers came down is well documented in many serious engineering journals. The longitudinal service core (thats the well were all the elevators, ventilation plenums and electrical/water services are) of the two building were wrap in composite Gypson paneling with aluminum and light steel framing. This was a logical choice since the cost of paneling with asbestos lining would had being prohibitive for edifices of this size.

When the B767 hit the towers they were flying at about 350 Knots. Their flying weight was about 400,000lbs, can somebody calculate the the numbers of Newtons for me....

The pressure was in tens of thousands of PSI if not more. The jetliners made of strong aluminum and composite superstructures cut through the building thin outer shell made of Aluminum, tempered glass and GFRC panels (Glass Fiber Reinforced Cement) like it was butter. The crafts grinding their way in with gigantic energy pulverizing everything in their way and disintegrating the fire retardant Gypson panels from the cores. Thousand of ponds of burning Jet A1 fuel poured in and raised the temperatures of in services cores to more than a thousand degree. The superstructures of sky scrapers were now expose from the inside and the temperature where so hight that even aluminum framings started to burn. The superstructures buckles due immense heat and the enormous weight of the upper sections of the towers came down crushing everything (F=MA). Can you imagine that there where Firemen trying to rescue People in this nightmare!

Asbestos would have done nothing since the energy of the Jets disintegrated all the floor walls of the Buildings at the impact level. And since Asbestos insulation is not a structural material as such it would pulverize itself compounding the problem by mixing itself with the already nasty toxic fiberglass soup.

Today, new edifice will have to be build with fire proof Steel/Ceramic composite service core walls at the cost millions to the American Business and tax payers...Thanks to Osama Ben Looser and his Al-Crapa organization.

Speaking of that. When the Towers collapse, the other shell and interfloors GFRC panels disintegrated in millions of pounds of fiberglass and other toxic fine dust. It came down on the Rescue and Recovery teams. Today some these Firemen, Police Officers and Construction workers are dying of Silicosis and Mesothelioma. The nightmare continue....:(

In the case New-Orleans and Katrina. This one is simple. When the Army Corps of Engineers can succeed of building and maintain simple levies and the politicians of both parties can get their head out of where the light doesn't shine. Something good will happen.....

Cheers and Bless!

:)

West01

5. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Gonna have to go with these guys on this one NF.

I was stunned the Twin Towers stayed up at all after the initial impact.
    99% of the newest buildings wouldn't have.
    The reason they stayed up for so long was due to the fact they were the first truly huge open floor skyscrapers and so the designers were very conservative in terms of the quality of the steel and the amount used.

They literally don't make them like that anymore. :cry:

6. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

EmesiS,

My sincere apologies if I brought up bad memories. I can remember when a kid in my elementary school came down with leukemia and died. Years later as a reporter, I wrote stories about how they routinely used asbestos insulation in many NC schools and had to spend millions either fixing them or tearing them down and rebuilding.

The point of the "Eco Freaks" author, if I correctly understood, was there is no good replacement for asbestos as a fireproof building material, so by banning it to fight cancer, it inadvertently led to becoming at least one factor in the quick collapse of the twin towers by fire. Life is full of choices and trade-offs and apparently if you can't find a way to use asbestos in construction without exposing occupants to its hazards, you lose its benefit of fireproofing while gaining the health benefit.

Yes, heat, I do read and reason the links I post. And yes, when I read something that the liberals have done that is particularly outrageous and often just plain stupid, that does move it up to the top of my list.

My guiding principle is "actions have consequences." When liberals (or conservatives) do something stupid that has consequences for the rest of us, frankly I feel it's my duty to point it out. And is it my fault that liberals do stupid stuff much more often than conservatives? (Speaking as a former liberal who saw the light.)

7. smores

smores Guest

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

yeah. Honestly, posting a news article now and then is ok. But each time I log on I see 3-4 new posts from you with these articles pasted. I'm starting to avoid this forum because it detracts from the community :?

8. West01

West01 New Member

Netfotoj, sorry that my last post sounded like a "kill the messenger" tirade.

I have a little knowledge on material science and can assure you that there is no serious engineering evidences that asbestos insulation would have delay the collapse of the WTC towers.

Asbestos is excellent fire retardant material don't get me wrong. Its a economical natural fiber that both resist direct and convection very well.

The problem is the application of the material and that is were the cost start to spike. But most important Asbestos is just for insulation and not structural. When the Jetliners crashed with building, the explosion blew off the fire retardant material from the superstructure at the impact zone. The expose superstructure was heated by a very intense fire that lasted a long time. Steel is an excellent thermal conductor and it dissipated the energy for a while. But the fire was very hot and very persistent so finally the energy had nowhere to go. Actually there some engineers that claims that the girders that were covered with fire retardant material contributed to problem since they didn't let heat escape....

There is still a lot of controversy about the WTC collapse like for example:

Did the Aluminum really burned or not?
    Was there Magnesium in the Jet engined that could have contributed to hight temperature?
    Was there electrical arcing or electrical fire that could have produce damage to superstructure?
    Could the structural rivets be a weak point?

There are many questions that will mostly never be entirely answered but all these failure studies come to the same conclusion: there was nothing wrong with WTC design. It is actually amazing that stood so long.

FYI,,,one of the many good paper on the subject..

http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM/01 ... -0112.html

Cheers!

:D

West01

9. Seven

Seven Premium Member

Yeah, same here. If it is your thoughts, or your articles, that's cool. But just reposting stuff from right-wing sites or with a right spin gets old. Shall I start cross posting non-gun related stuff from Daily Kos or Crooks & Liars here just to counter? We go down that road, I think we'll quickly change the character of this forum. And not for the better.