Quantcast
Steyr M9 A1 newbie with holster problem
Steyr Club - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Steyr M9 A1 newbie with holster problem

Hi guys,

i just got one of those incredible deals on NIB M9A1 that are currently floating around (supposedly mid east deal gone bad-who cares!)

Went to my favorite gun store and tried to find a holster, just about any holster, that would fit the M9. No such luck. Tried various Fobus paddle holsters, incl. those for the SIG 229 which I read somewhere will work. Then a whole bunch of Uncle Mike holsters. No luck either. Only thing that kinda worked was one of those fabric models, do not like that top strap retaining approach and the thing looks *cheap*.

So if anybody can provide links to decent kydex holsters I would be much obliged.

Default Re: Steyr M9 A1 newbie with holster problem

blade-tech has PLENTY of good quality options such as this one: http://blade-tech.com/Inside-the-Wai...ED-pr-820.html
    take a look around on there, i'm sure they have a setup that will meet your needs.

and welcome to steyr club!

Blade tech Bobby McGee have holsters specially for MA1.

Yes. Welcome to Steyr Club

crossbreed.

Dale Fricke Holsters. He doesn't list the steyr, but he can do it for you. Best part is, you won't have to wait for weeks to get it, and his customer service and warranty service is better than anyone I have seen.

I second the Crossbreed. Very comfortable, easy to conceal or choose not to. They have great customer service as well. I think wait time is down to two weeks or so.

Blade-Tech makes a really nice Kydex holster. The Fobus holster will work, but you have to cut the smaller diameter (SIG) end off.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltyke View Post
    Blade-Tech makes a really nice Kydex holster. The Fobus holster will work, but you have to cut the smaller diameter (SIG) end off.
    Which Fobus model for the SIG works if you cut off the end somewhat? They have models for the 220, 250, 239, 226, etc?
    Last edited by TheCount; 02-12-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Send a private message to member amybullock13 - she works for Blade-Tech and can surely help you out.
    My Steyr M9A1 Evolution: v1.0, v2.0, v2.5, v3.0
    Project MSAR STG-556:v1.0
    Caracal Reviews: F and C

I just took delivery of Fobus hoslter SG4RP (roto paddle for SIG 229 and Steyr S 357/9/40) and can 100% say for sure that it does NOT work with the M9A1. Does not even go in halfway. The slide is just too wide. The good news is that this holster works perfectly with my CZ SP01 Tactical which is a big @ss gun that I had trouble finding a holster for too :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast