Quantcast
new m-a1 with trapezoid trilux night sights?
Steyr Club - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default new m-a1 with trapezoid trilux night sights?

so I was on gun broker and a new import M9-a1 was advertised with trapezoidal trilux night sights....Do you think this was a misprint or did a trapezoid sight system actually get some radiation (glow in the dark) treatment?
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=217397609
    Theres the link let me know what you think

Vae Victus...Maybe Ill see you in Valhalla one day...
    Steyr M40-A1
    Steyr M-95
    Sturmgewehr 556
    Walther P-1
    Langehan Mauser 98
    Romanian SKS
    Ruger MK III Hunter
    Weatherby PA-08
    Winchester 69A

Default Re: new m-a1 with trapezoid trilux night sights?

Hard to believe that it would have glow in the dark trap sights unless they are not original sights.

Steyr M40
    Steyr M9A1
    Caracal F
    S&W 4506-1
    Ruger Lcr
    Lee Enfield BSA 1943, Savage 1944
    Swiss K31 41, 47
    Swedish Mauser M96 1915
    M1 Garand 1945
    NRA Certified instructor

Hiya shiro*

I think this is a pic of the sights in question

Now, if someone will present me with a true set of triangular traps just glowin' ta beat the band, count me in!

BTW, I found that pic here --> http://www.detex.cz/steyr-ma1/

Ciao, Baby

Wulf <-- knows what he wants <shrug>
    Last edited by Wulf; 02-26-2011 at 01:30 PM. Reason: forgot somehin' <shrug>

The Trilux sights are listed on SteyrArms as an extra, but it does state that they are right angle sights ( not Traps ). However, if anybody in a position of power is watching, we want trapazoid night sights!
    Last edited by gypsyrock; 02-26-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” John Adams, 1735-1826

Accountability and Consequences that out weigh the rewards of bad behavior. This is all thats needed.

What I did, was this..... http://glow-on.com/

painted both, front sight and rear sight but rear sights came off real quick...and are a pain in the @$$ to paint. oh I brushed a little clear nail polish over the glow on just to seal it,, and the front sight is great!!

Quote Originally Posted by gypsyrock View Post
    The Trilux sights are listed on SteyrArms as an extra, but it does state that they are right angle sights ( not Traps ). However, if anybody in a position of power is watching, we want trapazoid night sights!
    My Kung Fu for searching is apparently pulling up blanks. Has this issue been addressed yet? Are there Trapezoid night sights available for purchase? My C9 is the standard American 3 dot system, and I want the traditional sights. I would happily buy regular and paint them with glow on from the link below this that I am quoting from. I swear, it is such a good company, a great firearm, but can't find nuttin! (And here I thought I had good search-foo!) Where oh where can I find Trap sights? Oh where, oh where can they be?

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    My Kung Fu for searching is apparently pulling up blanks. Has this issue been addressed yet? Are there Trapezoid night sights available for purchase? My C9 is the standard American 3 dot system, and I want the traditional sights. I would happily buy regular and paint them with glow on from the link below this that I am quoting from. I swear, it is such a good company, a great firearm, but can't find nuttin! (And here I thought I had good search-foo!) Where oh where can I find Trap sights? Oh where, oh where can they be?
    If you want a set of trap sights, shoot me a PM. I will be picking my slide up from my gunsmith today after having it milled for an RMR, and I had to switch to a different iron sight set up. Mine will be available for sale, assuming that the gunsmith didn't forget to put them in the package with the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    My Kung Fu for searching is apparently pulling up blanks. Has this issue been addressed yet? Are there Trapezoid night sights available for purchase?
    No.

We've been asking for years, but Steyr unfortunately hasn't been able to make this happen for us.
    My Steyr M9A1 Evolution: v1.0, v2.0, v2.5, v3.0
    Project MSAR STG-556:v1.0
    Caracal Reviews: F and C

Quote Originally Posted by Housertl View Post
    If you want a set of trap sights, shoot me a PM. I will be picking my slide up from my gunsmith today after having it milled for an RMR, and I had to switch to a different iron sight set up. Mine will be available for sale, assuming that the gunsmith didn't forget to put them in the package with the slide.
    Thanks! Message sent. (Here is hoping the smithy didn't decide to keep them!)

Quote Originally Posted by gypsyrock View Post
    I second that emotion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast