Quantcast
marketing problems with Steyr Mannlicher AG
Steyr Club - Powered by vBulletin

Default marketing problems with Steyr Mannlicher AG

Why Steyr is less popular then Springfield XD, Glock< Hk USP series or any other high quality polymer pitol? I mean Steyr got huge problems with marketing and service. what i the reason? I offer you a discussion on how to succesfully market Steyr firearms especially its fine hadguns.

In my opinion first of all Steyr firearms can not be serviced properl, this is certanly the most sesnistive problem. Also as we know sales are made trogh the enternet. I now only a pair of websites that have limited number of spare parts and VERY limited number of accessories. This is not good, because while making your strategy you should re on your competitors. Glock as well as H&K and other offr significantly more options, and more service to its customers then Ster. Stey MUST be able to offer at least the same level of service and support. And as I see from one yera to another Steyr is doing nothing to perform this mission, or starts doing and quits on the half way.

It's very possible that retail weapons sales are not as important (or as profitable) to the Steyr organization as their other manufacturing concerns and markets. If each of us was a country and bought 100,000 pistols at a time, we'd probably get better service. Personally, I don't need quite that many.

Well, Steyr does not seem as intent on marketing and sales as the king "Glock" has been. Maybe they're military sales are good enough to forgo investing in the smaller arms markets........who knows, except them and they don't seem to be talking.......when the Steyr pistol is not even listed in the Guns & Ammo yearly book, you've got a visibility problem....
    Out of site, out of mind......despite the setbacks and minor dislikes about the pistol I still pick it up and go "WOW" this is pretty cool......why hasn't anybody else packaged this?
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell

NRA life member, NRA pistol, rifle instructor, RSO

Steyr had some problems a few years ago.
    1) the factory was a leased facility from BMW. BMW pulled the plug and needed the facility for themselves, then it went down hill from there.
    I think they are getting on the right track now by having a new manufacturing faility and setting up a US center for service under their own ownership versus a "contractor".

Once Steyr gets one decent Police contract it will begin to snowball and Steyr will be as well known as it once was.

They are a very innovative company and have done some nice landmark designs.
    FFL dealer in Houston Texas.
    Transfers for $20.00

Steyr shooter from way back.

The question is.............are they going to give a few police contracts?? And can this one pistol be right for everyone on a police force??? It's smallish, short barrelled good for small hands, detectives, and planclothes.....but how about the uniform with mitts for hands?? Reliability and extractor problems?? From reading the forums here, it seems more then a few guys are having reliability issues that a police force may find disturbing........both my 9 and 40 have been 99.9% reliable.......And how about an inch longer slide for uniforms and tac units?? Hey, dreaming again...........
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell

... despite the odds I will keep my M9. I know, though it may take awhile for Steyr to resolve some of its marketing and customer service issues, but definitely they would be able to resolve it.

The good sign why I proceeded and ended in in getting my M9, though I have read that production for it have stopped, was that the new model was basically just the same except for the frame but everthing else is interchangeable. This only means that product support is available. It is just a matter of extending it to the public, which I believe Steyr is working on.
    :wink:

There was a time when Glock only had the model 17
    before Springfield there was one model of the HS2000

Everyone starts somehere.

The Steyr MA1 feels really good in the hand and seems to fit small and large hands. Eventually we'll see the SA1 and probably an LA1.

There also seems to be quite a few less issues with the A1 series than the M series.

I think as more guns are out on the market and see more use various issues will be resolved. Sooner or later Steyr will cut a deal with a department and things will get going.

At this point I can locate MA1's in all 3 calibers for consumer purchase and they are in stock and easy to get.
    FFL dealer in Houston Texas.
    Transfers for $20.00

Steyr shooter from way back.

Default Marketing

Simple plan:
    Send M40s to P. Diddy, (or Diddy or Duddy or whatever he's calling himself these days), 50 Cent, Ja Rule and Snoop Doggie Dogg. Then equip the Wu Tang Clan with special edition S40A1s (Not for marketing purposes, just mainly just because I like the Wu Tang Clan).
    Sit back and enjoy the phenomenal sales all over the corn belt... 8)

What it is is what it is.

For the M9 and S9, some clever owner will find a file cut here
    or a polish there will solve the ejection problems.

Steyr will get a big military purchase order.

Some crazed lunatic will open a Steyr accessories, parts, and service
    boutique in Fort Meyers.

Or not.

Either way we'll all be going out to the range, with family and friends,
    and spending the evening cleaning our extractors and enjoying a cold
    brew.

Amen to that Flasco...................
    Yea, Medacov, I was thinking how cool a 45cal Steyr would be, a little larger, 12 rounds or so...........lets hope so......