Caracal SC, one more subcompact. - Page 3
Steyr Club - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wink Re: Caracal SC, one more subcompact.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    I think you might be right.
    Long story short...the Steyr is the "real" third gen Glock and the Caracal is the 4th! Same guy designed all three, so for me it's a no brainer.

Steyr M9, M9A1

Default Re: Caracal SC, one more subcompact.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. I think the design is fantastic but it really bugs me that it's made by Muslims in an Islamic country. I might buy one used but I'm definitely not buying a new one. It's a matter of principle. I may have little choice when it comes to gas but I definitely have a choice in firearms.

‘‘Sure... if you're rounding Pi down to three. Please don't make me add 'rounding Pi down to three' to your list of crimes.’’
    — Emperor Pius Dei

Living by your spiritual beliefs is easy. Dying by them can be Hell.

"...If Plan A is to take multiple .338 shots to the back, you really need to come up with a Plan B..."[link]

im beginning to think, if priced right, this could be an alternative to the Steyr S series we cant get and its a Bubits

Absolutely - the compact Caracal will be an excellent substitute, and the subcompact (if ever fully developed/released) may even be a better alternative. Just having caliber and size choices available and actively imported will be an improvement over current conditions.

Regarding the country of origin, I'm not waging a holy war. We all have our line in the sand, and you're welcome to place yours wherever you like - I totally understand. God bless America, where we have the freedom to do as we please even if we don't see eye to eye.
    My Steyr M9A1 Evolution: v1.0, v2.0, v2.5, v3.0
    Project MSAR STG-556:v1.0
    Caracal Reviews: F and C

Found a couple of vids on Youtube about the Caracal. Resolution is pretty good and they were made fairly recent.

Caracal Roma : Youtube Link Video can be viewed in 720P, About 3 min long.
    Caracal Paris : Youtube Link Video is only 480p max, and about 7 min long. It does have the man himself(William Bubits) speaking to the attendies. Along with a presentation of info that we probably know at this point. But interesting to watch regardless.

Also if you watch the Paris video, 4:23, the slide has some interesting info.
    Last edited by manChild_762; 05-04-2010 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Added Pic.
    NRA Member
    One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children

Impressive quality videos - the "range" in the second video is a lot cooler than any indoor range I've ever been to. I'm definitely looking forward to Caracal release...
    My Steyr M9A1 Evolution: v1.0, v2.0, v2.5, v3.0
    Project MSAR STG-556:v1.0
    Caracal Reviews: F and C

nice find on those videos!!! let those SBR componets be released to the American market !!!! i'll have another bubits SBR :-D

and that is a sweet looking range, its reminds me of the one the vampires used in UNDERWORLD.

pretty good looking pistol. it has some features (and looks) of the steyr. Not sure if it was something they did to the microphone or if it was the acoustics in the building, but it has a very distinct pop when fired; almost like one of those old school cork pop guns i had when i was a kid =P. over all i think it will be a hit.

i'm waiting to try one out. let's hope that IF the caracal comes stateside that there are enough in the country that dealers have them in stores.

Hell, I'll be the Babj of the Caracal's and buy 3 of every model they make.
    No, but I will want to buy one right away. Interesting note is that the slides still show the only caliber's that is supports will be 9mm, 357 Sig, and 40 SW.

On a side note, and a little off topic.
    So I guess if Steyr is going to release their own product in a 45, that will be purely on Steyr's part. To adopt a 45 ACP, it would need to grow and inch on barrel length as the 45 was designed for a 5" barrel. Guess it wouldn't be much different than a 4" 45 XD.

NRA Member
    One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast