Turkish .45 ACP, Steyr rifles, 1911 pistol
Steyr Club - Powered by vBulletin

Default Turkish .45 ACP, Steyr rifles, 1911 pistol

What's a Turkish Tisas Zigana C45 4.625in Barrel .45 ACP? J&G Sales has it NIB for $360.

Or how about a Steyr 1895 Stutzen Carbine, 8x56R caliber, $90 to $140.

And here's Buzz's "Hammer," Steyr Hahn 1911 9mm Steyr, $450.

I'd like one of each please. Put it on my tab. Oh, no tab huh? Will you take an IOU?

That Turkish .45 does look particularly interesting. If only I had the moola. :cry:

Lots of other used and new guns at J&G

“Peace on earth to all men of good will. All others stand by.”
    Internet Photojournalist site | God, Guns & Grits blog | Crossland Shootout novel

Default Re: Turkish .45 ACP, Steyr rifles, 1911 pistol

I'm diggin' that Turkish .45 too...

Man... I might wait on the PF9 i'm eyeing to pick this up instead.... Hmm might have to research the thing to see if its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rndm
    I'm diggin' that Turkish .45 too...

Man... I might wait on the PF9 i'm eyeing to pick this up instead.... Hmm might have to research the thing to see if its worth it.
    Found this on the World Guns site, but no C45 model.

Found a link that said it was introduced in 2007. And found this in Canada, but they want $669 for black or chrome for $699! That Canadian dollars, converts to $673.58. No bargain. Here's the specs:
    THE ZIGANA C-45

Specifications & features;

Available in either satin chrome finish or the new hard black, matt finished chrome.
    Steel slide over a contoured alloy frame for comfort & control.
    Inverted guide rail system.
    Standard accessory rail.
    Trigger guard with grooved finger rest for action shooting.
    Grips; Black composite.
    Extended slide release.
    Caliber; .45 acp.
    Magazine capacity; 9+1 rounds.
    Sights; Three dot system on black finish, red dots on satin chrome, sight radius is 161mm.
    Action; SA & DA.
    Safety; Ambidextrous control decocks hammer, disconnects trigger & hammer, blocks firing pin.
    Barrel; 119mm 6 lands & grooves RH twist.
    Weight; 1000 grams (appprox 2.2lbs).
    DA trigger pull; 4.5 kgs (9.9lbs).
    SA trigger pull; 2 kgs (4.5lbs).
    Hmm, that's interesting, ambi decocker/safety. Good for us lefties. But I think I like J&G's price a whole lot better! :mrgreen:
    Internet Photojournalist site | God, Guns & Grits blog | Crossland Shootout novel

O, found the Mfr website, in English no less.... http://www.trabzonsilah.com/english/index.php

Interesting pistol for sure.

Now if I could those grips to replace the wood ones that J&G is showing...

Jeesh, I wish you guys hadn't found this website.

http://www.trabzonsilah.com/english/index.php

I was stationed outside of Trabzon at a US Air Force security site 45 years ago. The experience led to a lifelong interest in things Turkish. I have been a member of a Turkish American Association for nearly 30 years, have owned Turkish dogs for close to 20 years (Anatolian Shepherds, the most beautiful and independent dogs around, although now that they can be AKC registered, I look for them to be ruined like other primitive breeds), and tend to follow Turkish news (not always encouraging from US eyes).

Since their revolution in the 1920's, led by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, the Turks have had a secular society and government, although they are about 98 percent Muslim. They really are the industrial and cultural powerhouse in the Islamic community; many of the former Muslim Soviet republics look to Turkey for an example of how to develop their nations. They have long had a robust weapons manufacturing sector, usually under licensure from Western firms (look at the old Turkish Mausers on the market, for example).

I have been resisting buying modern Turkish handguns because they frequently are copies of Western designs, but with my weakness for things Turkish, I now find myself looking again in that directions. And here I sit with cash in my new gun account, waiting for opportunity to present itself.

Doc

Those factory grips do look nice, but the wood ones ain't bad either. Maybe J&G has got an earlier import version. I also saw a link that said the Turkish military had adopted the C45 in 2007, so it must be a fine pistol. Sort of looks a bit like a Ruger P345.

Doc, since you got money in your gun fund, I nominate you to be the guinea pig on the C45. Range Report ASAP. This do look interesting. :mrgreen:

2nd.

Ill have to wait till next months pay check to get one....

Ugh.. ever since Netfotoj posted a link about J&G, money seems to always disappear to their site.