Quantcast
Shoulder stock for M-A1
Steyr Club - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Shoulder stock for M-A1

I was told that the open space behind the mag well is meant for a shoulder stock that would be secured by the pin holes on the sides of the bottom of the grip. They cannot be shipped into the US because it would turn the pistol into a very short carbine. These are supposively available in Canada. Anybody else heard this?

Default Re: Shoulder stock for M-A1

If you do a simple search you will find all kinds of info about the carbine kit. The part about them not being available in the US is completely false - the kit comes with an extended barrel to bring the weapon system to the legal limit. One could get a SBR tax stamp from the ATF ($200 + time if their state allows) and use the factory barrel. The kits work on the original M series, but NOT the -A1s. IGB claims to be able to make a kit for the A1's, but they have only now gotten a M-A1 pistol to experiment with and many of our members have found their products and customer service to be lacking in recent months, so I'd steer clear for the time being...

My Steyr M9A1 Evolution: v1.0, v2.0, v2.5, v3.0
    Project MSAR STG-556:v1.0
    Caracal Reviews: F and C

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    I was told that the open space behind the mag well is meant for a shoulder stock that would be secured by the pin holes on the sides of the bottom of the grip. They cannot be shipped into the US because it would turn the pistol into a very short carbine. These are supposively available in Canada. Anybody else heard this?
    I've heard the very same thing... save for the last part; that they're available in Canada. I've no knowledge of that.

WOULD be nice to know if that were true though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    Greetings Ronin: We had some interesting discussion about shoulder stocks for the Steyrs.......... Search the archives for posts by steyroid .......... antonis........... for more info.

I received a few days ago the IGB stock for my M410A1.

I contacted IGB a 3 weeks ago (http://www.impulsegunbarrels.com) who informed me that they have some limited stock for M40A1 and no plans to produce more... so I bought one for me and it perfectly fits M40A1; if you want yours, hurry up to take one.

The stock comes in 3 lengths (35, 39, 42 cm), mine is the 42 cm; I would suggest to ask for 35 or 39 cm ones (if available).

I have seen, in previous posts, negative comments for the IGB customer support. My shopping experience was excellent, I have only the best comments for the IGB. The stock was shipped in time (registered and insured parcel).

Please take care that IGB site does not offer shopping cart and other fancy e-shop functionality. I had to exchange 13 mails and with their customer support to get my order. So if you are used to "click and order" buttons, be prepared to spend some more time... but their personnel was very polite and very helpful.

Now I have fitted the IGB stock and the FAB foregrip on my M40A1. Really fancy, I will test the system next weekend in the shooting range.

PS: the stock has the name of Wilhem Bubbits (the designer of MSeries) on it

Well that's news... Thanks for sharing!
    My Steyr M9A1 Evolution: v1.0, v2.0, v2.5, v3.0
    Project MSAR STG-556:v1.0
    Caracal Reviews: F and C

Antonis: Would you care to share the cost in good ol' American dollars for the IGB stock and foregrip? And 16" barrel, too, if you got one, but since you didn't mention it, perhaps not. Does that mean in Greece you can legally have a stock on a pistol without adding a long barrel? No can do here with a special permit. Since the dollar has been taking a beating vs. the Euro lately, I suspect the price is a bit higher than the quote I got several months ago. :cry:
    “Peace on earth to all men of good will. All others stand by.”
    Internet Photojournalist site | God, Guns & Grits blog | Crossland Shootout novel

Hi again,

I paid 106 Euro + 20 Euro tax + 15 Euro postal service for the IGB stock. If the item is exported to US, there is no tax, so the cost will be 106 Euro (roughly 150 dollars) + postal service for US. I think that it is relatively sound cost, the IGB stock is well made.

I bought the FAB foregrip from zahal e-shop (http://www.zahal.org/FAB/FGG-S.htm) for 36$ + 15$ shipping costs. Really professional service!!!

In Greece there is no special law for such shoulder stocks and foregrips... to be more precise, this is a grey area: nobody knows if they are actually permitted or not! The shooting community members say that since there is no law to prohibit, they are permitted... And we do not want to ask the police to clarify, we know what the answer will be :-(

I did not buy the 16 inch barrel, I am not interested in this. What I miss is a 20 or 30 round magazine... any idea where to find one :-) ???

Quote Originally Posted by antonis
    I received a few days ago the IGB stock for my M410A1.

I contacted IGB a 3 weeks ago (http://www.impulsegunbarrels.com) who informed me that they have some limited stock for M40A1 and no plans to produce more... so I bought one for me and it perfectly fits M40A1; if you want yours, hurry up to take one.

The stock comes in 3 lengths (35, 39, 42 cm), mine is the 42 cm; I would suggest to ask for 35 or 39 cm ones (if available).

I have seen, in previous posts, negative comments for the IGB customer support. My shopping experience was excellent, I have only the best comments for the IGB. The stock was shipped in time (registered and insured parcel).

Please take care that IGB site does not offer shopping cart and other fancy e-shop functionality. I had to exchange 13 mails and with their customer support to get my order. So if you are used to "click and order" buttons, be prepared to spend some more time... but their personnel was very polite and very helpful.

Now I have fitted the IGB stock and the FAB foregrip on my M40A1. Really fancy, I will test the system next weekend in the shooting range.

PS: the stock has the name of Wilhem Bubbits (the designer of MSeries) on it
    Glad to hear you got that trick setup you wanted so badly......and it's properly dimensioned/fitted as manufactured.......NO MODS NEEDED........you hit a home run......good shooting.

some photos of the M40A1/IGB/FAB and his Winchester comrade

Please notice that you have to dremel a few milimiters of FAB polymer to fit the foregrip to the Steyr rail (red cycle on first foto).

ATTENTION: The FAB foregrip comes in two versions: one with fast release button and another with a permanent screw. If you attach it to a handgun, use only the version with permanent screw... there are reports that the version with button releases the safety while shooting... not a good experience for the shooter!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast