Quantcast
How about those AR15 Mag conversion stocks? - Page 2
Steyr Club - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How about those AR15 Mag conversion stocks?

CDNN sells the MSAR, and RatWorx sells the MSAR E4 conversion stock - for $999 + $300 you have a pretty-much-E4 MSAR AR-15 enabled ninja-railed gun. Additionally, a guy posted an illustrated demonstration on arfcom that shows the MSAR stocks can be slapped on the AUG front ends - just in case you ever wanted to do that.

My Steyr M9A1 Evolution: v1.0, v2.0, v2.5, v3.0
    Project MSAR STG-556:v1.0
    Caracal Reviews: F and C

Offline Premium Member STE_SUPPORTER.png
    Steyr Club Aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax360 View Post
    CDNN sells the MSAR, and RatWorx sells the MSAR E4 conversion stock - for $999 + $300 you have a pretty-much-E4 MSAR AR-15 enabled ninja-railed gun. Additionally, a guy posted an illustrated demonstration on arfcom that shows the MSAR stocks can be slapped on the AUG front ends - just in case you ever wanted to do that.

...and to answer the actual question asked, No, the Steyr NATO Stocks will not work with the MSAR clones....

A Government big enough to give you everything you
    want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
    Those who trade liberty for security have neither. You
    have only the rights you are willing to die for. The U.S.
    Constitution (c)1791 all Rights Reserved. An armed man
    is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject. Free men do
    not ask permission to bear arms. Colt: the original point
    and click interface. What part of "shall not be infringed"
    do you not understand? We The People reserve RTKBA

A few points of information:

1. If you don't like MSAR mags, you can use AUG mags in MSAR's fourth-generation STG-556 (i.e., any STG-556 without the Forward Assist). I have tried this myself.

2. If you want to use AR-15 mags and you own an AUG the $300 Steyr NATO conversion kit from CDNN is a good option. (I have heard the MSAR isn't supposed to work with this, but I have personally installed a Gen-4 MSAR receiver on the Steyr NATO kit and I can confirm it at least function checks, though I haven't fired it in that configuration.)

3. The MSAR E4 conversion kit gives you a bunch of extra rails the Steyr doesn't. The Steyr receiver will work in the MSAR E4 stock.

If you're going to be buying a whole gun and you want to use AR-15 mags just go and get the MSAR STG-E4 -- currently $1300 from Ratworx!

I have one.....the quality is very good. I can't vouch as to how well they work, I don't have any real trigger time on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12