What Streamlight tac-lights will fit on L9-A1?

Discussion in 'Tactics and Training' started by jlbrpt, Apr 2, 2014.

1. jlbrpt

jlbrpt New Member

Does anybody know what Streamlight tac-lights will fit on L9-A1? I don't want to waste my money on one only to find out it does not fit my gun properly.

Thank you for your help!

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

Sure, the L9A1 uses a standard picatinny rail. What model light are you considering?

3. jlbrpt

jlbrpt New Member

I was considering any of the following:

1. Streamlight 69240 TLR-4 Compact Rail Mounted Tactical Light with Laser Sight (Or maybe the TLR-4G)
    2. Streamlight 69260 TLR-1 HL High Lumen Rail-Mounted Tactical Light
    3. Streamlight 69210 TLR-1s LED Rail Mounted Flaslight with STrobe Function and Rail Locating Keys

I assumed they should fit a standard picatinny rail, but in online reviews of these lights from Streamlight, one person said to check Streamlight's website for compatibility. He said that he was under the assumption his Streamlight would fight his gun (a Springfield XD, I believe) and he said it did not.

I wasn't able to find anything about Steyr on the website. Granted, I didn't spend much time on it as it was not very user-friendly and it was late at night.

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

Maybe he had one of those baby XDs with the super-small rail... You'll be fine with whatever you pick. :cheers:

5. jlbrpt

jlbrpt New Member

Thank you, sir, your help is much appreciated.

6. AusBullpup

AusBullpup New Member

I have both TLR-1 HL and TLR4 which I can put on my M9A1 (don't have an L) and post pics if that's any help.

I had to use the rail adapter (supplied) that set the light as far towards the trigger guard as possible with the TLR4 and then had to thin the 1913 notch and fix a spacer on the trigger side to make it sit level.

7. LoveMySteyr87

LoveMySteyr87 New Member

The later gen streamlights are shorter but the flashlight is still bulky and the switches are manually operated. I tried it on my M9-A1 and it sticks out past the barrel. I believe it will sit flush with your barrel with that extra length.