Steyr pistol C-A1

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by test733, Mar 27, 2010.

1. test733

test733 New Member

Good day to you all.
    I have seen only few threads here about Steyr C-A1 pistol. Maybe I missed something, but I had an impression, that it is a limited run for some specific customer and I thought that I will never see it in reality.

Some days ago I have seen a photo from IWA 2010, where a huge STEYR promotional banner was visible with C-A1 on it. After seeing this, I have sent an inquiry to local Steyr distributor, and he informed me that C-A1 in 9*19 is freely available. Price excl. VAT starts at 610 Euros (prices for M9-A1 and S9-A1 in shops c. 900-1000 USD so I guess C-A1 price would be the same). As you can see in the picture it has manual safety and standard dark slide finish.

You will find additional info on a picture below. Also a very interesting part in the picture is AUG Z A3 in 9 mm (I thought they never existed) and HS .50 M1 in .50 BMG

Mind you, I live in European country, so it is not much of info for our American comrades, but who knows, maybe in not so distant future all of these products would be also available there.
    Good luck.

[​IMG]

Picture in better quality

2. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

thanks for sharing the photograph!:thumbsup:
    most of us have seen the c series only in pictures.... and us Americans have known for a while that steyr has no plans as of yet to send them state-side.

we did have another forum member (i believe from he was from Austria) who was able to obtain a c9-a1 with a stainless polished slide...... it was pretty.

with all that said though.... i'm not really impressed with the c9-a1. i think they got it backwards.....i want a longer slide, shorter grip.

this is the first time i've seen the a3 9mm AUG though. very nice. i know there is a pretty rare a1 on gunbroker.com for somewhere in the range of $12,000 US i think....

3. oldnoob

oldnoob New Member

This is the first time I hear about C-A1 (I need to visit this forum more often). So which direction did it go compare to M-A1? Is it in between M and S?

4. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

it's basically and M-a1, with an S length slide

5. Bittrich

Bittrich Premium Member

I wonder if I could retire in Austria? :thumbsup:

Bittrich