new update on 2013 caracal recall...just got email today.....

Discussion in 'Caracal C and F Series' started by jhb, Oct 18, 2016.

1. jhb

jhb Member

so im cutting and pasting it here for anyone still in the waiting game or interested......

UPGRADED MODEL F REPLACEMENT PISTOL AVAILABILITY

Caracal USA is pleased to announce the availability of Model F recall replacement pistols in the United States.*Delivery of the Model F replacement pistol will be dedicated to those customers affected by the 2013 product recall.

The Caracal Model F has been subjected to upgrades including a redesigned trigger safety, trigger bar, firing pin unit*and a machined one-piece Multi-Function Unit (MFU). These enhancements increase*both the safety and durability of the Model F pistol, while maintaining the same overall ergonomics and exterior aesthetics.

Effective November 1, 2017 Caracal USA, LLC will move all recall and customer service operations to our Boise, Idaho offices.*

If you are a customer affected by the previous Caracal Model F and C product recall and have opted to trade your Model F and/or Model C pistol for a Model F replacement pistol, please contact the recall center at recall@caracalusa.com or by phone at (208) 323-8727, *Monday thru*Friday,*8AM to 5PM MST.

ABOUT CARACAL Caracal USA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Caracal International and the exclusive importer and manufacturer of Caracal products in the United States.*http://caracalusa.com* --> Copyright © 2016 Caracal USA, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving this email because you opted to receive corporate communications from Caracal.

Our mailing address is:

Caracal USA

6051 W Corporal Lane

Boise, ID 83704

2. jhb

jhb Member

update...boxes for recalled guns ship around nov 1st. then new pistols ship. looks like Jeff Spalding(spelling?) is running the usa side. caracalusa is factory owned now not 3rd party importer anymore. possible american manufacturing may happen..who knows...but positive energy from Jeff and progress and that's a good thing.

existing mags and holsters will work with new pistols per Jeff. so thats good as well.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016

3. jhb

jhb Member

update for those who are wondering or looking for info..........box being sent out to return my recalled f, from caraclusa. got the email notification today from them. not sure how long to get the new one, but i'll update when i get it.

4. jhb

jhb Member

quick update......have the return box...shipping back soon. things are moving again at caracal.

5. jhb

jhb Member

new gun is here now. showed up today.....

[​IMG]

6. Grapevine

Grapevine New Member

Whoah....! (to quote Keanu Reeves)

Have you taken it out to shoot?

If replacement guns are here, then factory ones might be available at Shot show, and not long after that retail release.

I never got to try a Caracal, but heard very good things about it and would be very interested if initial reviews turn out well.

7. jhb

jhb Member

no Sir. not yet. been too busy working.

soon though.

not sure if they are importing more or doing American made production? guess we'll find out.

8. clw

clw New Member

This is the new Made in America version. Caracal's position, at this time (subject to change, it is Caracal) is the new retail versions will be made here.

Note dovetailed rear sight and front serrations on the USA version.

[​IMG]

9. freight dog

freight dog New Member

I handled a Caracal S a couple years ago in a shop knowing full well there was a recall on them. I believe it was on consignment. Don’t recall the price because I wasn’t buying given the guns background. I have to say though, holy cow was it nice. Some of the best ergos, and I am a Walther guy. I recall telling the sales guy it was the best striker trigger I’ve pulled. I’ll be watching for them in the local shops and watching the reviews. I am very interested!