new m-a1 with trapezoid trilux night sights?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by shiroyu, Feb 26, 2011.

1. shiroyu

shiroyu New Member

so I was on gun broker and a new import M9-a1 was advertised with trapezoidal trilux night sights....Do you think this was a misprint or did a trapezoid sight system actually get some radiation (glow in the dark) treatment?
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=217397609
    Theres the link let me know what you think

2. Hollis

Hollis New Member

Hard to believe that it would have glow in the dark trap sights unless they are not original sights.

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya shiro* :)

I think this is a pic of the sights in question

[​IMG]

Now, if someone will present me with a true set of triangular traps just glowin' ta beat the band, count me in! :thumbsup:

BTW, I found that pic here --> http://www.detex.cz/steyr-ma1/

Ciao, Baby :cool:

Wulf <-- knows what he wants <shrug>

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  4. gypsyrock

gypsyrock New Member

The Trilux sights are listed on SteyrArms as an extra, but it does state that they are right angle sights ( not Traps ). However, if anybody in a position of power is watching, we want trapazoid night sights!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  5. pepitomenegazzo

pepitomenegazzo New Member

What I did, was this..... http://glow-on.com/

painted both, front sight and rear sight but rear sights came off real quick...and are a pain in the @$$ to paint. oh I brushed a little clear nail polish over the glow on just to seal it,, and the front sight is great!!

6. Dax

Dax New Member

My Kung Fu for searching is apparently pulling up blanks. Has this issue been addressed yet? Are there Trapezoid night sights available for purchase? My C9 is the standard American 3 dot system, and I want the traditional sights. I would happily buy regular and paint them with glow on from the link below this that I am quoting from. I swear, it is such a good company, a great firearm, but can't find nuttin! (And here I thought I had good search-foo!) Where oh where can I find Trap sights? Oh where, oh where can they be?

7. Housertl

Housertl New Member

If you want a set of trap sights, shoot me a PM. I will be picking my slide up from my gunsmith today after having it milled for an RMR, and I had to switch to a different iron sight set up. Mine will be available for sale, assuming that the gunsmith didn't forget to put them in the package with the slide.

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

No.

We've been asking for years, but Steyr unfortunately hasn't been able to make this happen for us.

9. Dax

Dax New Member

Thanks! Message sent. (Here is hoping the smithy didn't decide to keep them!)

10. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I second that emotion

11. Dax

Dax New Member

I Third it. I got my sights (Thanks H!) and tomorrow I am going to a local store and he will see if he can install them. (Different than the post I made asking how hard is it to replace them.) He is fairly good at smithing, does his own loads, etc. Enough I trust him. I got my glow-on and have added it to the front sight and working on the back sight tonight. :) But yes, I would love it if Steyr got their website re-done to be really user friendly, and BRING ON THE NIGHT SIGHTS!

12. CZguy

CZguy New Member

Just in case that confused the powers that be..........There is a demand, no a need for Trapezoidal night sights!

13. Crigerstine

Crigerstine New Member

I too would like night sights!

14. Talyn

Talyn New Member

This seems possible with a good drill press or mill and a drill, then pressing or gluing in the night insert.

How come nobody has done this?

15. Talyn

Talyn New Member

Amen!

OMG, 10 characters, really?

16. Talyn

Talyn New Member

Fixed that for you.

17. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

Wulf drilled his trapezoid front sight to accommodate a tritium vial once upon a time.