New holster for my L9-A1

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by Scoots, May 31, 2016.

1. Scoots

Scoots New Member

As all of you fellows know, finding a good holster for Steyr pistols can be tough.

I've searched for about a year and I looked at a lot of holsters that I did not think were up to the bill. I wanted leather, not kydex, and I didn't want to have to improvise a Glock holster. I wanted a holster that fit my L9-A1!

Somehow over the internet, I stumbled upon photos of leather holsters made by MTR Custom Leather of Ramseur, North Carolina. The holster pics looked really good and the write ups by customers were incredibly favorable. I contacted MTR and they assured me that they could make a holster for my L9. So I took the plunge and ordered a new belt, holster and double mag carrier.

Check out the pics below. My L9 looks GORGEOUS!!! :drool:
    Here's the link to MTR Custom Leather - http://mtrcustomleather.com/shop/

DSC00178.jpg DSC00183.jpg DSC00179.jpg

2. Hurry1996

Hurry1996 New Member

Nice looking belt and holster. Please add the link for the manufacturer. Thanks.

3. Scoots

Scoots New Member

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

Very nice! I'll likely order something from them for my L9A1 - thank you for the post!

5. spclopr8tr

spclopr8tr New Member

Thanks for the post. Searching for the perfect Steyr holster can be like trying to find a unicorn.

6. schgsd

schgsd New Member

I was poking around tonight and found these guys. http://www.mascholster.com Incredibly. they list the S, C, M, and L as options! http://mascholster.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53

They are in Turkey, but take Paypal. I saw some positive stuff written about them out on the net so I ordered one for my L9-A1. I mean where are you going to find an in stock not special order leather pancake for a Steyr with the option to choose left or right handed $42.99???

I bet I won't see it for a couple weeks but when I get it I'll have pics.

7. schgsd

schgsd New Member

Imagine my excitement to find a package today from MASC. I'm blown away by how fast it came. I ordered it Jan 30 and it's here Feb 3.

But I'm a lefty and someone put a right handed holster in a left handed package. :confused:

I sent in an RMA offering to give it away here at SteyrClub for free if they just send me a lefty one.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  8. Hurry1996

Hurry1996 New Member

If you are giving it away for free I'll take it and will cover postage. PM me. Thanks.

9. schgsd

schgsd New Member

Well lets see what they say. I sent the email a little while ago. Not sure what normal business hours are in Turkey.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  10. schgsd

schgsd New Member

I didn't get any answer from the rma email I sent using the Masc Holster website so after 4 days I used paypal to let them know I got the wrong holster. I got an answer back in a day.

From what I can understand in the email they want the right hand holster back and then when they get it they will ship me the left hand one. Kinda bummed because that means I doubt I'll see the holster I ordered till March now.

And in that email was a shipping label for prepaid shipment back to Masc Holster in Turkey. That's pretty good service.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  11. schgsd

schgsd New Member

Well inside of a week turnaround and I have the left handed holster I wanted.They got it right the second time. Wearing it now for about 2 1/2 hrs. Anything that can make an L9-A1 hang on your hip and not really feel like it's there has got to be pretty good and so far that's just what it's doing. The nice thing is my S fits in it pretty well also so it would seem a good choice for anyone with more than one Steyr.