Holsters for the Caracals

Discussion in 'Caracal C and F Series' started by Polecat, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Polecat

Polecat New Member

What is available for holsters currently?

Please make a simple polymer holster like the Glock factory 'combat" holster and the older polymer Steyr M series holsters that were once available. Hint-make them convertible for both IWB and OWB!!

Thanks,
    Dave

2. CaracalUSA

CaracalUSA New Member

Here is my carry rig for my model C. It's a DeSantis IWB for an XD. Keith carries his F in a G17 holster.

[​IMG]

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

The leather Galco OWB for the Steyr M-A1 also fits the Caracal perfectly. We need some high quality kydex rigs, though...

4. CaracalUSA

CaracalUSA New Member

Blackhawk has the Serpa for it. I'm waiting on the call back to see how to order a batch. I've also got samples at Safariland/Bianchi.

5. Hollis

Hollis New Member

Ive got an High Noon Hidden Ally that fits me Steyr M9A1 and my Caracal F perfectly

6. rybu0305

rybu0305 New Member

CaracalUSA, thanks for the pic of your Caracal C fitting in a leather holster made for the XD. Does it retain well and do you think just about any holster designed for the XD (Compact I assume) will fit a Caracal C?

7. CaracalUSA

CaracalUSA New Member

The best thing to do till the specific kydex holsters are finished is to find a shop that will let you test fit the holsters. I'll have a list soon from Bianchi on crossing numbers for their leather line.

8. rybu0305

rybu0305 New Member

I prefer leather anyway so if there is a cross fit I would be fine for now. I know kydex needs to be more precise.
    Thanks

9. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

FWIW, I have a Galco leather holster made for the Steyr M-A1, and it fits the Caracal F like a glove. I believe you can get it in black or tan off the Steyr Arms website.

10. CaracalUSA

CaracalUSA New Member

Here are the samples from Blade Tech and 5.11. Blade Tech is also working on some leather and polymer lined leather.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Il Cattivo

Il Cattivo New Member

Nice. I've got one with a thumbstrap for an MA1, and it seems to suit me pretty well. If you get the chance, could we see a pic showing the back side of the holster with the pistol in it? I'm asking because I'm curious about the relative positions of the top of the holster in back and the left-side mag release. BTW, how do you like the thumbstrap with the Caracal? The Steyr version was a little fiddly until it had seen some use.

12. CaracalUSA

CaracalUSA New Member

We are still waiting to get the samples in hand. Amy sent us the pics from Blade Tech.

13. Il Cattivo

Il Cattivo New Member

Understood. That oughtta be a pretty conclusive answer to the question of whether holsters are available.

14. CaracalUSA

CaracalUSA New Member

Here is my F in a Caracal Serpa holster.

[​IMG]

15. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

Keep us posted! I'm sure I'll buy something from Blade-Tech as soon as they are available. :)

16. BladeTech

BladeTech New Member

Blade-Tech has the holster ready to go for the Caracal F. :) Working on the C, hope to have that one available in leather real soon!!

Amy

17. CaracalUSA

CaracalUSA New Member

Amy!!!! What are you doing on here????? For those of you that don't know Amy is our contact at Blade-Tech!!! Anything you want to pitch at her holster wise, now would be the time.

18. BladeTech

BladeTech New Member

LOL!! I am doing my homework, making sure I know what the consumer wants! All comments are welcome, and appreciated!

19. Il Cattivo

Il Cattivo New Member

Something for the C models with QS sights? Please?

Oh, and welcome to forum!

20. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Indeed Welcome Amy! I'm the delighted owner of two of your fine products, the first for my M40-A1, and the second for my CZ 75B .40.